Monday, February 6, 2012

iTunes prompting for password on every startup

I noticed some time ago -- probable last November -- every time I connect my iPod Touch to my computer, iTunes wants me to enter my password.  Finally I was so annoyed with this I decided to try to get to the bottom of it.

After reading some posts from around the web, I tried to the following:
  1. Log out of your iTunes Store account.
  2. Exit iTunes.
  3. Find the iTunes icon on your desktop or Start menu or type iTunes in the search box in your Start menu.
  4. Right Click on the iTunes icon.
  5. Choose "Run as Administrator".
  6. Go to the iTunes Store and log-on to your account.
  7. Voila -- it should fix the problem.  Try it by exiting and re-starting iTunes -- you should not be prompted  for your password.
** Note this is for iTunes 10 Windows 7 version.

No comments:

Post a Comment